Portland Country Club

Portland, Michigan | 18 holes | Par: 70 | 5568 yards

Portland's original golf course was constructed in 1925. It wasn't much more than a rough pasture located on a farm north of town. In November 1926, a meeting of the members was called by the First President S. A. Horning to discuss the future of the course. At this meeting a motion was made and carried to organize a new course. Howard Benson of Lansing and Charles Lockwood of Portland agreed to provide enough land for 18 holes and open the first 9 holes before July 1927. The new course officially opened in June 1927, and has been in continuous operation since that time.The Portland Country Club sits on a beautifully manicured 100 acres of pure rolling terrain and mature trees. This course plays to a solid 6100 yards and is a true test for all kinds of players. Come and play golf like the way it was designed when golf was just starting.

Par, yardages and course ratings

Tee Par Yardage Rating Slope
Back 70 5568 67.3 116
Forward (W) 70 4542 66.4 116
Middle 70 5500 67.3 115

At a glance

  • Holes: 18
  • Type: Public
  • Built in: 1927
  • Golf Season: Open: 4/01 Closed: 11/01

Practice facilities

  • Driving range: No
  • Putting green: Yes


  • Teaching pro: Yes
  • Golf school / golf academy:


  • Pro: Yes
  • Rental clubs: Yes
  • Rental carts: Yes
  • Pull carts:

4901 Divine Hwy
Portland, Michigan 48875
Ionia County
P: (517) 647-4521
F: (517) 647-4624
W: www.oldpcc.com